Follow Us

Facebook LinkedIn

Friends of Lucia 2018

$ 1000
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 115
donation thermometer
24 Jan 2018


Content View Hits : 580048

Our Partners

Consulate General of Sweden




Election to the Swedish parliament in September 2018 Print

General Election to the Parliament, City and County ( Riksdag, Kommun and Landsting) will take place in Sweden on September 9, 2018. Swedish citizens living abroad can vote in the Election to The Parliament (Riksdag).

Voting location:

The Consulate General of Sweden
3730 Kirby Drive, Suite 805
Houston, TX 77098


August 16 – August 27, 2018 during regular office hours
(Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9.00 am – 2.00 pm)

Monday, August 20, 2018, 9.00 am – 7.00 pm
Saturday, August 25, 2018, 10.00 am – 4.00 pm

To vote you need the following:

  • Be a Swedish Citizen, at least 18 years old and have lived in Sweden.
  • If you have lived abroad for less than 10 years (or have extended your right to vote within the last 10 years) you will receive a “röstkort” (voting card) You will automatically be in the system if you voted in the previous election.
  • You will be able to vote even if you have not received your voting card “Röstkort”

Please bring valid Swedish ID (passport or körkort) along with your voting card. (If you don’t have your voting card we can print one out for you.)

As a Swedish citizen living abroad you will need to extend your right to vote every 10 years to not fall out of the electoral register (röstlängden). This can be done via Skatteverket (anmälan för ny adress/röstlängd för utvandrad) and is needed if you want to vote by mail.